World Refugee Day 21-for-21
Since 2001 people across the globe have observed June 20th as World Refugee Day - a time to remember, advocate for, and support the millions of people who have been torn from their homes by violence and persectuion. And with over 21 million refugees in the world, this day is more important than ever.
While you can't change the lives of all 21 million people who have fled their countires, by joining our WRDA Monthly Sponsors program, with a gift of only $21/month, you can give hope and a future to hundreds of refugees right here in Illinois. While $21 per month may not sound like much, here at WRDA, your gift can:
- Furnish an apartment for a newly arrived refugee family.
- Provide backpacks and school supplies for 4 refugee children.
- Help 5 adult refugees get their driver's permit.
- Provide legal representation to help reunite a refugee family.
- And so much more!
Our goal for the month of June is to sign up 50 new Monthly Sponsors at $21/month (or any amount you feel called to give). To help us meet this audacious goal, click on the button above and select the "Make this a monthly gift" option.
Thank you! for your generosity and for standing with the vulnerable on this World Refugee Day.
Persecution. Oppression. Slavery. Torture. War.
Horrible realities like these force families from all over the world to flee their homes and become our new neighbors. Some come as refugees from countries like Bhutan, Burma, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria. Others come as immigrants from Central America, Europe, and Asia. One thing unites them all – the need for a helping hand as they rebuild their lives. There are many ways that you can donate to WRDA and help these refugee and immigrant families thrive in our communities:
- Individual Gifts – Make a difference in a refugee or immigrant’s life today by clicking the button above to donate online or by mailing a check to 1825 College Ave, Suite 230, Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Monthly Giving – Support refugee and immigrant families throughout the year by becoming one of valued WRDA’s monthly givers. Click on the button above and select the “recurring gift” option, or contact Tim Kustusch or 630-580-5083 to set up a monthly gift transfer directly from your bank account.
- Planned Giving – Serve refugee and immigrant families that will arrive in years to come by including WRDA in your will or trust. To find out more about legacy giving, donating from your IRA, or offering a gift annuity, contact Bill Janus at BJanus@wr.org or 847-910-1112.
- Stock Gifts – Click here to learn how to turn your stocks into life-changing resources for immigrant families. You can also contact Bill Janus at 847-910-1112 to find out more about donating your non-cash assets.
- Furniture Donations – our gently used couches, dressers, and other furniture ensure that every refugee family arrives to welcoming apartment! Click here for details on furniture donations.
- Vehicle Donations – Repurpose your used vehicle by donating to a refugee family to help them navigate the community and get to work! Click here for details on vehicle donations.
Thank you for your support of WRDA as together we Stand/for the Vulnerable.
Trying to make a last minute donation before the end of 2016? You can wire transfer funds to WRDA through our main office in Baltimore. Here are the details you need to wire your support. Contact Bill Janus at (847) 910-1112 with any questions.
Name: World Relief Corporation
Account #: 0005155638747
ABA #: 055003308 (use for US transfers)
SWIFT Code: BRBTU533 (use for international transfers)
Please include your name, address, and gift designation ("WRDA") with the wire.