After losing their home, WRDA welcomes refugees to a simply furnished new home.
This is made possible by the tax-deductible donations of furniture and household goods to create homes for the new refugee families that arrive each week. Help provide a warm welcome by donating any of the following items listed below. Please consider dropping off your items at our Wheaton office. Pick-ups are available for residences located within a limited radius of this office; pickups outside of this radius may be available depending on need, amount of furniture and number of residences.
Items we take.
(Due to limited storage space, we have to restrict donations to the most needed basic items. Thank you for your understanding.)
- Kitchen Tables and Chairs
- Coffee Tables
- Lamps / Lamp Shades
- Sofas / Love Seats (Please no sleepers or recliners- OR sofa's longer than 60")
- Living Room / Overstuffed Chairs
- Side Tables/ Night Stands
- Pack-n-Plays (Please check the CPSC for recalls before donating)
- Working Vacuum Cleaners
Working TVs (Flat screen only, please no tube TVs)
We are UNABLE to take:
- Sleeper or reclining sofas
- Sofa longer than 60"
- Entertainment centers (will take TV stands)
- Large appliances (stoves, refrigerators, etc.)
- ANY sized mattresses
- TV's - tube style
For information on electronic recycling in your area, please select one of these links:
DuPage County Electronic Recycling
Kane County Electronic Recycling
For More Information or To Make a Donation:
Bob Johnson, Donations Coordinator
(630) 462-7566 x1019 | email@example.com